Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ghost Riders

b's topic this week: things that piss me off.

this could be a series.

so who are the ghost riders and why do they frustrate me so? the ghost riders lurk in the halls of the williams building, particularly on the first and second floors. i have a feeling that they have returned in a ghostly afterlife after some kind of untimely death in an elevator shaft, or possibly after dying in a fire while trapped in an elevator. their mission: to piss me off.

i should first say that i am primed to be pissed off when i encounter the ghost riders and their shenanigans. typically, i am out of breath and in a hurry, having just walked 1-2 miles from my car with my 84 pound backpack on my shoulders. there are no lights above the ground floor elevator, so i have to lean my ear close, listening for movement, anticipating the arrival of the slothful transportation device. finally, when the doors open, i step inside and press "3" to get to my office where i will finally be able to dump my burdensome crap and pee.

the elevator takes off like a clunky old car, slowly climbing the shaft, and i say, "please don't ding, just keep going," but the ghost riders know this. they like to torment me. it is the only pleasure they have. the elevator stops on the first floor. the doors seem to take forever to open. no one is there. i frantically press the door close button, to no avail. i wait for the ghost rider to board and get his kicks. second floor. same thing.

so what seems like two hours later, the two ghost riders and i disembark on the third floor, and stumble into the bathroom where they forget to flush. yes, that's them too.

No comments: