Saturday, February 10, 2007

Rear-ended. Again.

today, i was rear-ended in the turn lane to wal-mart. this makes the third time this month. what is about my rear end?

since i have a vast frame of reference, i am certain that today's incident was different. this person was going much faster. with no warning, my car shook and my head hit the head rest hard enough to hurt bad and make me dizzy. when i pulled into the murphy usa gas station (which gives you 3 cents off per gallon with a wal-mart card... i know this because i was sitting there for an hour), i got out and asked the guy for his insurance. he said his "foot slipped off the brake" but it seemed unlikely.

so i got in my van, contemplating. why should i feet guilty calling the cops? isn't that what one's supposed to do? my head, neck, and back hurt, so i called. i don't think the guy was happy.

an hour later, i had a police report in case i wake up unable to move tomorrow. my cowardice in such situations usually wins out, and while i still felt like a coward, i did the right thing. yay me! of course, if you read minivan confessions, you'll understand my slight panic waiting for the police man because i could not find my insurance card. although it would have been a typical, appropriate ending, i did not get a ticket.

hoping my neck, back, and rear end keep it together from here on out.

No comments: